Hi friends,

I have successfully setup thrift server and execute beeline on top.

Beeline can handle select queries just fine, but it cannot seem to do any kind
of caching/RDD operations.

i.e.

1)      Command "cache table" doesn't work. See error:

Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: ParseException line 1:0 cannot

recognize input near 'cache' 'table' 'hivesampletable' (state=42000,code=40000)

2)      Re-run SQL commands do not have any performance improvements.

By comparison, Spark-SQL shell can execute "cache table" command and rerunning
SQL command has a huge performance boost.

Am I missing something or this is expected when execute through Spark thrift
server?

Thanks!
Judy