Hi, i'm trying to improve performance for Spark's Mllib, and I am having
trouble getting native netlib-java libraries installed/recognized by Spark.
I am running on a single machine, Ubuntu 14.04 and here is what I've tried:

sudo apt-get install libgfortran3
sudo apt-get install libatlas3-base libopenblas-base (this is how
netlib-java's website says to install it)

I also double checked and it looks like the libraries are linked correctly
in /usr/lib (see below):
/usr/lib/libblas.so.3 -> /etc/alternatives/libblas.so.3
/usr/lib/liblapack.so.3 -> /etc/alternatives/liblapack.so.3

The "Dependencies" section on Spark's Mllib website also says to include
"com.github.fommil.netlib:all:1.1.2" as a dependency.  I therefore tried
adding this to my sbt file like so:

libraryDependencies += "com.github.fommil.netlib" % "all" % "1.1.2"

After all this, i'm still seeing the following error message.  Does anyone
have more detailed installation instructions?

14/11/24 16:49:29 WARN BLAS: Failed to load implementation from:
com.github.fommil.netlib.NativeSystemBLAS
14/11/24 16:49:29 WARN BLAS: Failed to load implementation from:
com.github.fommil.netlib.NativeRefBLAS

Thanks!