Hello Jonathan,

There was a bug regarding casting data types before inserting into a Hive
table. Hive does not have the notion of "containsNull" for array values.
So, for a Hive table, the containsNull will be always true for an array and
we should ignore this field for Hive. This issue has been fixed by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4245, which will be released
with 1.2.

Thanks,

Yin