Hi,

I have a graph in where each vertex keep several messages to some faraway
neighbours(I mean, not to only immediate neighbours, at most k-hops far, e.g. k
= 5).

now, I propose to distribute these messages to their corresponding
destinations(say, "faraway neighbours”):

- by using pregel api, one superset is enough
- by using spark basic operations(groupByKey, leftJoin, etc) on vertices RDD
and its intermediate results.

w.r.t the communication among machines, and the high cost of
groupByKey/leftJoin, I guess that 1st option is better?

what’s your idea?

Best,
Yifan LI