Hi Klaus,

PredictionIO is an open source product based on Spark MLlib for exactly
this purpose.
This is the tutorial for classification in particular:
http://docs.prediction.io/classification/quickstart/

You can add custom serving logics and retrieve prediction result through
REST API/SDKs at other places.

Simon