Hi Andy,  thanks for your response. I already thought about filtering
twice, that was what I meant with "that would be equivalent to applying
filter twice", but I was thinking if I could do it in a single pass, so
that could be later generalized to an arbitrary numbers of classes. I would
also like to be able to generate RDDs instead of partitions of a single
RDD, so I could use RDD methods like stats() on the fragments. But I think
there is currently no RDD method that returns more than one RDD for a
single input RDD, so maybe there is some design limitation on Spark that
prevents this?

Again, thanks for your answer.

Greetings,

Juan