I am not sure this can help you. I have 57 million rating,about 4million user
and 4k items. I used 7-14 total-executor-cores,executal-memory 13g,cluster
have 4 nodes,each have 4cores,max memory 16g.
I found set as follows may help avoid this problem:
    conf.set("spark.shuffle.memoryFraction","0.65") //default is 0.2
    conf.set("spark.storage.memoryFraction","0.3")//default is 0.6
I have to set rank value under 40, otherwise occure this problem.