Hi Tim,

That would be awesome. We have seen some really disparate Mesos allocations
for our Spark Streaming jobs. (like (7,4,1) over 3 executors for 4 kafka
consumer instead of the ideal (3,3,3,3))
For network dependent consumers, achieving an even deployment would
 provide a reliable and reproducible streaming job execution from the
performance point of view.
We're deploying in coarse grain mode. Not sure Spark Streaming would work
well in fine-grained given the added latency to acquire a worker.

You mention that you're changing the Mesos scheduler. Is there a Jira where
this job is taking place?

-kr, Gerard.