http://www.jets3t.org/toolkit/configuration.html

Put the following properties in a file named jets3t.properties and make
sure it is available during the running of your Spark job (just place it in
~/ and pass a reference to it when calling spark-submit with --file
~/jets3t.properties)

httpclient.connection-timeout-ms How many milliseconds to wait before a
connection times out. 0 means infinity.
Default: 60000

httpclient.socket-timeout-ms
How many milliseconds to wait before a socket connection times out. 0 means
infinity.
Default: 60000

You will also probably want to increase this value substantially:

httpclient.max-connections
The maximum number of simultaneous connections to allow globally
Default: 20
Note: If you have a fast Internet connection, you can improve the
performance of your S3 client by increasing this setting and the
corresponding S3 Service properties s3service.max-thread-count and
s3service.admin-max-thread-count. However, be careful because if you
increase this value too much for your connection you may exceed your
available bandwidth and cause communications errors.