In the first instance, I'm suggesting that ALS in Spark could perhaps
expose a run() method that accepts a previous
MatrixFactorizationModel, and uses the product factors from it as the
initial state instead. If anybody seconds that idea, I'll make a PR.

The second idea is just fold-in:
http://www.slideshare.net/srowen/big-practical-recommendations-with-alternating-least-squares/14

Whether you do this or something like SGD, inside or outside Spark,
depends on your requirements I think.