I have not used CDH5.3.0. But looks
spark-examples-1.2.0-cdh5.3.0-hadoop2.5.0-cdh5.3.0.jar contains some
hadoop1 jars (come from a wrong hbase version).

I don't know the recommanded way to build "spark-examples" jar because the
official Spark docs does not mention how to build "spark-examples" jar. For
me, I will addd "-Dhbase.profile=hadoop2" to the build instruction so that
the "examples" project will use a haoop2-compatible hbase.

Best Regards,
Shixiong Zhu