I quickly went through the code,

In ExecutorBackend, we build the actor system with

// Create SparkEnv using properties we fetched from the driver.
val driverConf = new SparkConf().setAll(props)
val env = SparkEnv.createExecutorEnv(
driverConf, executorId, hostname, port, cores, isLocal = false)

props is the spark properties fetched from driver,

In Driver side, we start driver actor with

val properties = new ArrayBuffer[(String, String)]
for ((key, value) <- scheduler.sc.conf.getAll) {
if (key.startsWith("spark.")) {
properties += ((key, value))
}
}
// TODO (prashant) send conf instead of properties
driverActor = actorSystem.actorOf(
Props(new DriverActor(properties)), name =
CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.ACTOR_NAME)
This “properties” is the stuff being sent to executor. It seems that we only
admit the properties starting with “spark.”

It seems that we cannot pass akka.* to executor?
Hi, Josh, would you mind giving some hints, as you created and closed the JIRA?
Best,

--
Nan Zhu