From: Gerard Maas [mailto:gerard.m...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 9:44 AM
To: Wang, Ningjun (LNG-NPV)
Cc: Sean Owen; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to force parallel processing of RDD using multiple thread

Spark will use the number of cores available in the cluster. If your cluster is
1 node with 4 cores, Spark will execute up to 4 tasks in parallel.
Setting your #of partitions to 4 will ensure an even load across cores.
Note that this is different from saying "threads" - Internally Spark uses many
threads  (data block sender/receiver, listeners, notifications, scheduler, ...)

-kr, Gerard.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Wang, Ningjun (LNG-NPV)