Wow,  glad to know that it works well, and sorry, the Jira is another issue,
which is not the same case here.

From: Bagmeet Behera [mailto:bagme...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:47 AM
To: Cheng, Hao
Subject: Re: using hiveContext to select a nested Map-data-type from an
AVROmodel+parquet file

Hi Cheng, Hao
   An update: I installed the latest binaries of Spark 1.2.0 (prebuild for
Hadoop 2.4 and later) and tried your suggestion. And it *works* perfectly!
   Therefore I would encourage you to post your reply on the archive for the
advantage of all.

Thanks and best wishes,
BB (Bagmeet)

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Bagmeet Behera