From: Larry Liu [mailto:larryli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 3:08 PM
To: Charles Feduke
Cc: u...@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: where storagelevel DISK_ONLY persists RDD to

Hi, Charles

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to persist RDD to HDFS? What is the default location to persist
RDD with storagelevel DISK_ONLY?

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Charles Feduke
<charles.fed...@gmail.com<mailto:charles.fed...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I think you want to instead use `.saveAsSequenceFile` to save an RDD to
someplace like HDFS or NFS it you are attempting to interoperate with another
system, such as Hadoop. `.persist` is for keeping the contents of an RDD around
so future uses of that particular RDD don't need to recalculate its composite
parts.

On Sun Jan 25 2015 at 3:36:31 AM Larry Liu