I'm not sure how to confirm how the moving is happening, however, one of
the jobs just completed that I was talking about with 9k files of 4mb each.
Spark UI showed the job being complete after ~2 hours. The last four hours
of the job was just moving the files from _temporary to their final
destination. The tasks for the write were definitely shown as complete, no
logging is happening on the master or workers. The last line of my java
code logs, but the job sits there as the moving of files happens.