Spark SQL on Hive

1. The purpose of Spark SQL is to allow Spark users to selectively use SQL
expressions (with not a huge number of functions currently supported) when
writing Spark jobs
2. Already Available

Hive on Spark
1.Spark users will automatically get the whole set of Hive’s rich features,
including any new features that Hive might introduce in the future.
2. Under Development