Are you using SGD for logistic regression? There's a random element
there too, by nature. I looked into the code and see that you can't
set a seed, but actually, the sampling is done with a fixed seed per
partition anyway. Hm.

In general you would not expect these algorithms to produce the same
result, given the stochastic nature. In this particular case, I'm not
sure if you can or should be able to get the implementation to act
deterministically. Even if the overt use of randomness is seed-able,
there may be some non-determinism in the distributed nature of the
processing that is having an effect.