Greetings!
Thanks for the response.
Below is an example of the exception I saw.I'd rather not post code at the
moment, so I realize it is completely unreasonable to ask for a
diagnosis.However, I will say that adding a "partitionBy()" was the last change
before this error was created.

Thanks for your time and any thoughts you might have.
Sincerely, Mike

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to
stage failure: Task 4 in stage 5.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost
task 4.3 in stage 5.0 (TID 6012, ip-10-171-0-31.ec2.internal):
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Size exceeds
Integer.MAX_VALUE    at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(FileChannelImpl.java:828)    at
org.apache.spark.storage.DiskStore.getBytes(DiskStore.scala:123)    at
org.apache.spark.storage.DiskStore.getBytes(DiskStore.scala:132)    at
org.apache.spark.storage.BlockManager.doGetLocal(BlockManager.scala:517)    at
org.apache.spark.storage.BlockManager.getBlockData(BlockManager.scala:307)
at
org.apache.spark.network.netty.NettyBlockRpcServer$$anonfun$2.apply(NettyBlockRpcServer.scala:57)
    at
org.apache.spark.network.netty.NettyBlockRpcServer$$anonfun$2.apply(NettyBlockRpcServer.scala:57)
    at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:244)
    at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:244)
    at
scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized$class.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:33)
    at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayOps$ofRef.foreach(ArrayOps.scala:108)
at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:244)    at
scala.collection.mutable.ArrayOps$ofRef.map(ArrayOps.scala:108)    at
org.apache.spark.network.netty.NettyBlockRpcServer.receive(NettyBlockRpcServer.scala:57)