Hi Folks,

I'm new to GraphX and Scala and my sendMsg function needs to index into an
input list to my algorithm based on the pregel()() iteration number, but I
don't see a way to access that. I see in
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/graphx/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/graphx/Pregel.scala
 that it's just an index variable "i" in a while loop, but is there a way for
sendMsg to access within the loop's scope? I don't think so, so barring that,
given Scala's functional stateless nature, what other approaches would you take
to do this? I'm considering a closure, but a var that gets updated by all the
sendMsgs seems a recipe for trouble.

Thank you,

matt