You would probably write to hdfs or check out
https://databricks.com/blog/2015/01/28/introducing-streaming-k-means-in-spark-1-2.html

You might be able to retrofit it to you use case.

--- Original Message ---

From: "Su She" <suhsheka...@gmail.com>
Sent: February 11, 2015 10:55 PM
To: "Felix C" <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Cc: "Kelvin Chu" <2dot7kel...@gmail.com>, user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can spark job server be used to visualize streaming data?

Hello Felix,

I am already streaming in very simple data using Kafka (few messages /
second, each record only has 3 columns...really simple, but looking to
scale once I connect everything). I am processing it in Spark Streaming and
am currently writing word counts to hdfs. So the part where I am confused
is...

Kafka Publishes Data -> Kafka Consumer/Spark Streaming Receives Data ->
Spark Word Count -> *How do I visualize?*

is there a viz tool that I can set up to visualize JavaPairDStreams? or do
I have to write to hbase/hdfs first?

Thanks!