Hello,

I'm using Spark 1.2.1 and have a module.properties file, and in it I have
non-Spark properties, as well as Spark properties, e.g.:

   job.output.dir=file:///home/emre/data/mymodule/out

I'm trying to pass it to spark-submit via:

   spark-submit --class com.myModule --master local[4] --deploy-mode client
--verbose --properties-file /home/emre/data/mymodule.properties
mymodule.jar

And I thought I could read the value of my non-Spark property, namely,
job.output.dir by using:

    SparkConf sparkConf = new SparkConf();
    final String validatedJSONoutputDir = sparkConf.get("job.output.dir");

But it gives me an exception:

    Exception in thread "main" java.util.NoSuchElementException:
job.output.dir

Is it not possible to mix Spark and non-Spark properties in a single
.properties file, then pass it via --properties-file and then get the
values of those non-Spark properties via SparkConf?

Or is there another object / method to retrieve the values for those
non-Spark properties?

--
Emre Sevinç