Hi,I've seen a few articles where they CqlStorageHandler to create hive tables
referencing Cassandra data using the thriftserver. Is there a secret to getting
this to work? I've basically got Spark built with Hive, and a Cassandra
cluster. Is there a way to get the hive server to talk to Cassandra? I've seen
Calliope from Tuplejump, and it looks good, but was wondering if there's a more
direct approach. The version updates of various things mean that if I could go
direct even with a bit of hassle, I'd prefer that.
I've also managed to connect the Simba ODBC driver for Spark. Is there are way
to get ODBC clients to use that to get to Cassandra data? Would I need to build
a Spark application and pull in Cassandra data (or define RDDs) for ODBC
clients to make use of it? I can't really use the Simba ODBC connector for
Cassandra as it's missing a few things currently (like understanding UDTs +
collection columns).
What I'm really after is somehow letting Tableau + Excel users access to
Cassandra data. I'd love to be able to use DataStax Enterprise, but as of now,
the client is firmly in Apache Cassandra + Apache Spark territory.
Thanks,Ashic.