I'm getting the below error when running spark-submit on my class. This class
has a transitive dependency on HttpClient v.4.3.1 since I'm calling SolrJ
4.10.3 from within the class.

This is in conflict with the older version, HttpClient 3.1 that's a
dependency of Hadoop 2.4 (I'm running Spark 1.2.1 built for Hadoop 2.4).

I've tried setting spark.files.userClassPathFirst to true in SparkConf in my
program, also setting it to true in  $SPARK-HOME/conf/spark-defaults.conf as

spark.files.userClassPathFirst     true

No go, I'm still getting the error, as below. Is there anything else I can
try? Are there any plans in Spark to support multiple class loaders?

org.apache.http.impl.conn.SchemeRegistryFactory.createSystemDefault()Lorg/apache/http/conn/scheme/SchemeRegistry;
        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.SystemDefaultHttpClient.createClientConnectionManager(SystemDefaultHttpClient.java:121)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.getConnectionManager(AbstractHttpClient.java:445)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpClientUtil.setMaxConnections(HttpClientUtil.java:206)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpClientConfigurer.configure(HttpClientConfigurer.java:35)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpClientUtil.configureClient(HttpClientUtil.java:142)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpClientUtil.createClient(HttpClientUtil.java:118)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.<init>(HttpSolrServer.java:168)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.<init>(HttpSolrServer.java:141)