Look at the trace again. It is a very weird error. The SparkSubmit is running
on client side, but YarnClusterSchedulerBackend is supposed in running in YARN
AM.

I suspect you are running the cluster with yarn-client mode, but in
JavaSparkContext you set "yarn-cluster”. As a result, spark context initiate
YarnClusterSchedulerBackend instead of YarnClientSchedulerBackend,  which I
think is the root cause.

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

On Feb 25, 2015, at 1:53 PM, Zhan Zhang