Hi Rob,
I fear your questions will be hard to answer without additional information
about what kind of simulations you plan to do. int[r][c] basically means
you have a matrix of integers? You could for example map this to a
row-oriented RDD of integer-arrays or to a column oriented RDD of integer
arrays. What the better option is will heavily depend on your workload.
Also have a look at the algebaraic data-structures that come with mllib (
https://spark.apache.org/docs/1.1.0/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.mllib.linalg.Vectors
).

Regards,
Jeff