By setting spark.eventLog.enabled to true it is possible to see the
application UI after the application has finished its execution, however
the Streaming tab is no longer visible.

For measuring the duration of batches in the code I am doing something like
this:
«wordCharValues.foreachRDD(rdd => {
            val startTick = System.currentTimeMillis()
            val result = rdd.take(1)
            val timeDiff = System.currentTimeMillis() - startTick»

But my quesiton is: is it possible to see the rate/throughput (records/sec)
when I have a stream to process log files that appear in a folder?