Hi

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Gary Malouf <malouf.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The honest answer is that it is unclear to me at this point.  I guess what
> I am really wondering is if there are cases where one would find it
> beneficial to use Spark against one or more RDBs?

Well, RDBs are all about *storage*, while Spark is about *computation*. If
you have a very expensive computation (that can be parallelized in some
way), then you might want to use Spark, even though your data lives in an
ordinary RDB. Think raytracing, where you do something "for every pixel in
the output image" and you could get your scene description from a database,
write the result to a database, but use Spark to do two minutes of
calculation for every pixel in parallel (or so).

Tobias