Hi Ted,
 I  used s3://support.elasticmapreduce/spark/install-spark to install spark
on my EMR cluster. It is 1.2.0.
 When I click on the link for history or logs it takes me to
http://ip-172-31-43-116.us-west-2.compute.internal:9035/node/containerlogs/container_1424105590052_0070_01_000001/hadoop
 and I get -

The server at *ip-172-31-43-116.us-west-2.compute.internal* can't be found,
because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a
website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by
having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can
also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google
Chrome from accessing the network.
I tried  changing the address with internal to the external one , but still
does not work.
Thanks
_roni