Hi Sean,

 > If you know a stage needs unusually high parallelism for example you can
repartition further for that stage.

The problem is we may don't know whether high parallelism is needed. e.g.
for the join operator, high parallelism may only be necessary for some
dataset that lots of data can join together while for other dataset high
parallelism may not be necessary if only a few data can join together.

So my question is that unable changing parallelism at runtime dynamically
may not be flexible.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang