Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Ningjun

From: Silvio Fiorito [mailto:silvio.fior...@granturing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:40 AM
To: Wang, Ningjun (LNG-NPV); user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use windows service to start and stop spark
standalone cluster

Have you tried Apache Daemon?
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html

From: <Wang>, "Ningjun (LNG-NPV)"
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 11:47 PM
To: "user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>"
standalone cluster

We are using spark stand alone cluster on Windows 2008 R2. I can start spark
clusters by open an command prompt and run the following

bin\spark-class.cmd org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master

bin\spark-class.cmd org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker
spark://mywin.mydomain.com:7077

I can stop spark cluster by pressing Ctril-C.

The problem is that if the machine is reboot, I have to manually start the
spark cluster again as above. Is it possible to use a windows service to start
cluster? This way when the machine is reboot, the windows service will
automatically restart spark cluster. How to stop spark cluster using windows
service is also a challenge.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ningjun