Hi Sparkers,

Can anyone please check the below error and give solution for this.I am
using hive version 0.13 and spark 1.2.1 .

Step 1 : I have installed hive 0.13 with local metastore (mySQL database)
Step 2:  Hive is running without any errors and able to create tables and
Step 3: copied hive-site.xml in spark/conf directory
Step 4: copied core-site.xml in spakr/conf directory
Step 5: started spark shell

Please check the below error for clarifications.

scala> val sqlContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sc)
sqlContext: org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext =
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.Hi
                                         veContext@2821ec0c

scala> sqlContext.sql("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS src (key INT, value
STRING)")
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to
instantiate or

 g.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.jav

     a:346)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext$$anonfun$4.apply(HiveContext.sc

     ala:235)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext$$anonfun$4.apply(HiveContext.sc

     ala:231)
        at scala.Option.orElse(Option.scala:257)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.x$3$lzycompute(HiveContext.scal

     a:231)
        at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.x$3(HiveContext.scala:229)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.hiveconf$lzycompute(HiveContext

     .scala:229)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.hiveconf(HiveContext.scala:229)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveMetastoreCatalog.<init>(HiveMetastoreCa

     talog.scala:55)

Regards,
Sandeep.v