Guys,

We have a project which builds upon Spark streaming.

We use Kafka as the input stream, and create 5 receivers.

When this application runs for around 90 hour, all the 5 receivers failed
for some unknown reasons.

In my understanding, it is not guaranteed that Spark streaming receiver
will do fault recovery automatically.

So I just want to figure out a way for doing fault-recovery to deal with
receiver failure.

There is a JIRA post mentioned using StreamingLister for monitoring the
status of receiver:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2381?focusedCommentId=14056836&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14056836

However I haven't found any open doc about how to do this stuff.

Any guys have met the same issue and deal with it?

Our environment:
   Spark 1.3.0
   Dual Master Configuration
   Kafka 0.8.2