Hallo,

Depending non your needs, search technology, such as SolrCloud or
ElasticSearch makes more sense. If you go for the Cassandra solution you
can use the lucene text indexer...
I am not sure if hive or sparksql are very suitable for text. However, if
you do not need text search then feel free to go for them.
What kind of statistics / aggregates do.you want to get out of of your logs?

Best regards