I did copy hive-conf.xml form Hive installation into spark-home/conf. IT
does have all the meta store connection details, host, username, passwd,
driver and others.

Snippet
======

<configuration>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
  <value>jdbc:mysql://host.vip.company.com:3306/HDB</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
  <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
  <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
  <value>hiveuser</value>
  <description>username to use against metastore database</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
  <value>some-password</value>
  <description>password to use against metastore database</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.local</name>
  <value>false</value>
  <description>controls whether to connect to remove metastore server or
open a new metastore server in Hive Client JVM</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>
  <value>/user/hive/warehouse</value>
  <description>location of default database for the warehouse</description>
</property>

When i attempt to read hive table, it does not work. dw_bid does not exists.

I am sure there is a way to read tables stored in HDFS (Hive) from Spark
SQL. Otherwise how would anyone do analytics since the source tables are
always either persisted directly on HDFS or through Hive.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Arush Kharbanda <ar...@sigmoidanalytics.com

--
Deepak