Has anyone else encountered the following error when trying to read a snappy
compressed sequence file from HDFS?

*java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader.buildSupportsSnappy()Z*

The following works for me when the file is uncompressed:

import org.apache.hadoop.io._
val hdfsPath = "hdfs://nost.name/path/to/folder"
val file = sc.sequenceFile[BytesWritable,String](hdfsPath)
file.count()

but fails when the encoding is Snappy.

I've seen some stuff floating around on the web about having to explicitly
enable support for Snappy in spark, but it doesn't seem to work for me:
http://www.ericlin.me/enabling-snappy-support-for-sharkspark
<http://www.ericlin.me/enabling-snappy-support-for-sharkspark>