      From: Michael Albert <m_albert...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
 To: User <user@spark.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, April 3, 2015 2:45 PM
 Subject: variant record by case classes in shell fails?

Greetings!
For me, the code below fails from the shell.However, I can do essentially the
same from compiled code, exporting the jar.
If I use default serialization or kryo with reference tracking, the error
message tells me it can't find the constructor for "A".If I use kryo with
reference tracking, I get a stack overflow.
I'm using Spark 1.2.1 on AWS EMR (hadoop 2.4).
I've also tried putting this code inside an object.
Is this just me?  Am I overlooking something obvious?
Thanks!
-Mike
:paste
sealed class AorBcase class A(i: Int) extends AorBcase class B(i: Int, j: Int)
extends AorB
sc.parallelize(0.until(1)).map{ _ =>    val x = A(1)    x}.collect()