Hi Xiangrui,

I tried running this on my local machine  (laptop) and got the same error:

Here is what I did:

1. downloaded spark 1.30 release version (prebuilt for hadoop 2.4 and later)
"spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4.tgz".
2. Ran the following command:

spark-submit --class ALSNew  --master local[8] ALSNew.jar  /input_path

The stack trace is exactly same.

Thanks,
Jay