Hi Spark users,

Trying to upgrade to Spark1.2 and running into the following

seeing some very slow queries and wondering if someone can point me in the
right direction for debugging. My Spark UI shows a job with duration 15s
(see attached screenshot). Which would be great but client side measurement
shows the query takes just over 4 min

15/04/15 16:34:59 INFO ParseDriver: Parsing command: ***my query here***
15/04/15 16:38:28 INFO ParquetTypesConverter: Falling back to schema
conversion from Parquet types;
15/04/15 16:38:29 INFO DAGScheduler: Got job 6 (collect at
SparkPlan.scala:84) with 401 output partitions (allowLocal=false)

​

So there is a gap of almost 4 min between the parse and the next line I can
identify as relating to this job. Can someone shed some light on what
happens between the parse and the DAG scheduler? The spark UI also shows
the submitted time as 16:38 which leads me to believe it counts time from
when the scheduler gets the job...but what happens before then?