Thanks Nick. I understand that we can configure the index by creating
the index with the mapping first. I thought it will be a good feature
to be added in the es-hadoop /es-spark as we can have the full mapping
and code in a single space especially for simple mappings on a
particular field.  It make sense to create the mapping first for ETL
jobs . But for Data Scientists it might be useful to have all in a
single space when we have to recreate the indexes multiple times on
changing logic.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Nick Pentreath
<nick.pentre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want to specify mapping you must first create the mappings for your
> index types before indexing.
>
> As far as I know there is no way to specify this via ES-hadoop. But it's
> best practice to explicitly create mappings prior to indexing, or to use
> index templates when dynamically creating indexes.
>
> —
> Sent from Mailbox
>

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Deepak Subhramanian
> <deepak.subhraman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to pass the mapping to define a field as not analyzed
>> with es-spark settings.
>>
>> I am just wondering if I can set the mapping type for a field as not
>> analyzed using the set function in spark conf as similar to the other
>> es settings.
>>
>> val sconf = new SparkConf()
>> .setMaster("local[1]")
>> .setAppName("Load Data To ES")
>> .set("spark.ui.port", "4141")
>> .set("es.index.auto.create", "true")
>> .set("es.net.http.auth.user", "es_admin")
>> .set("es.index.auto.create", "true")
>> .set("es.mapping.names", "CREATED_DATE:@timestamp")
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Deepak Subhramanian