Hi,
i am a bit confused with the executor-memory option. I am running
applications with Standalone cluster manager with 8 workers with 4gb memory
and 2 cores each and when i submit my application with spark-submit i use
--executor-memory 1g.
In the web ui in the completed applications table i see that my application
was correctly submitted with 1g memory per node as expected but when i check
the executors tab of the application i see that every executor launched with
530mb which is about half the memory of the configuration.
I would really appreciate an explanation if anyone knew.

Thanks