So I'm trying to store the results of a query into a DataFrame, but I get the
following exception thrown:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: [1.71] failure: ``*''
expected but `select' found

SELECT DISTINCT OutSwitchID FROM wtbECRTemp WHERE OutSwtichID NOT IN (SELECT
SwitchID FROM tmpCDRSwitchIDs)

And it has a ^ pointing to the second SELECT. But according to this
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+SubQueries),
subqueries should be supported with Hive 0.13.0.

So which version is Spark using? And if subqueries are not currently
supported, what would be a suitable alternative to this?