The reason am asking this is, i am not able to understand how do i do a
skip.

1) Broadcast small table-1 as map.
2) I jun do .map() on large table-2.
       When you do .map() you must map each element to a new element.
 However with map-side join, when i get the broadcasted map, i will search
in it with a key, and if that element in not found in map then i want to
skip that input all together. (This is what happens when you do .join, it
skips automatically). With map side join you need to do it. I am assuming
you do it with mapPartitions & yield.

A working code will help me understand it better.

--
Deepak