have you tried to union the 2 streams per the KinesisWordCountASL example
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/branch-1.3/extras/kinesis-asl/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/examples/streaming/KinesisWordCountASL.scala#L120>
where
2 streams (against the same Kinesis stream in this case) are created and
union'd?

it should work the same way - including union() of streams from totally
different source types (kafka, kinesis, flume).