Hi TD,
Just let you know the job group and cancelation worked after I switched to
spark 1.3.1. I set a group id for rdd.countApprox() and cancel it, then set
another group id for the remaining job of the foreachRDD but let it complete.
As a by-product, I use group id to indicate what the job does. :-)
Thanks,Du

     On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:23 PM, Tathagata Das <t...@databricks.com>