Hi,
i am running spark jobs with standalone resource manager and i am gathering
several performance metrics from my cluster nodes. I am also gathering disk
io metrics from my nodes and because many of my jobs are using the same
dataset i am trying to prevent the operating system from caching the dataset
in memory in every node so as to gather the correct metrics for every job.
Therefore before i submit my jobs to spark i clear my caches with the
commands:
sync ; echo 3 >/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

The problem is that when i do so i see this error at the beginning of the
job:

WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check
your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient
memory

Ultimately the job runs successfully in most cases, but i feel like this
error has a significant effect in the overall execution time of the job
which i try to avoid.
I am also pretty confident that there is nothing wrong in my configurations,
because when i run jobs without clearing my nodes' caches the above error
doesn't come up.
I would really appreciate i anyone could help me with this error.

Thanks.