Hi Yana,
I was using sqlContext in the program by creating new SqlContext(sc). This was
created the problem when i submit the job using spark-submit. Where as, when I
run the same program in spark-shell, the default context is hive context (it
seems ) and every thing seems to be fine. This created confusion.
As solution, i called new HiveContext(sc) instead of SqlContext.
cheerskiran.