Hi ,
I am trying to setup the hive metastore and mysql DB connection.
 I have a spark cluster and I ran some programs and I have data stored in
some hive tables.
Now I want to store this data into Mysql  so that it is available for
further processing.

I setup the hive-site.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

  <property>

    <name>hive.semantic.analyzer.factory.impl</name>

    <value>org.apache.hcatalog.cli.HCatSemanticAnalyzerFactory</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>hive.metastore.sasl.enabled</name>

    <value>false</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>

    <value>NONE</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>hive.server2.enable.doAs</name>

    <value>true</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>hive.warehouse.subdir.inherit.perms</name>

    <value>true</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>hive.metastore.schema.verification</name>

    <value>false</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>

    <value>jdbc:mysql://<*ip address*
>:3306/metastore_db?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>

    <description>metadata is stored in a MySQL server</description>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>

    <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>

    <description>MySQL JDBC driver class</description>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>

    <value>root</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>

    <value></value>

  </property>

  <property>

            <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>

                    <value>/user/${user.name}/hive-warehouse</value>

                            <description>location of default database for
the warehouse</description>

                                </property>

</configuration>
My mysql server is on a separate server than where my spark server is . If
I use mySQLWorkbench , I use a SSH connection  with a certificate file to
connect .
How do I specify all that information from spark to the DB ?
I want to store the data generated by my spark program into mysql.
Thanks
_R