hi. I have a spark streaming -> cassandra application which you can
probably borrow pretty easily.

You can always rewrite a part of it in java if you need to , or else, you
can just use scala (see the blog post below if you want a java style dev
workflow w/ scala using intellij)/

This application implements a spark stream w twitter and ETLs it into
either a file queue or cassandra (see the commented out cassandra snippet).

https://github.com/jayunit100/SparkStreamingApps/blob/master/src/main/scala/sparkapps/ctakes/CTakesTwitterStreamingApp.scala

Cassandra sink works really well with the spark context compile time
bindings .

Maybe just clone this repo down and use it as a blueprint :) There is a
blog post here about how to set up your IDE

so that the dev workflow is very similar to that of standard java
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com/2014/07/set-up-spark-application-devleopment.html

good luck !.