LinearRegressionWithSGD requires to tune the step size and # of
iteration very carefully. Please try Linear Regression with elastic
net implementation in Spark 1.4 in ML framework, which uses quasi
newton method and step size will be automatically determined. That
implementation also matches the result from R.

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
Blog: https://www.dbtsai.com